1. I booked an air ticket of IndiGo airlines online via their website on 13th October 2015 from Delhi to Pune for Indigo Flight number 6E 135 for 19th October departing from Delhi at 1025 hrs. I made the payment from online banking of SBI with the transaction reference number IG0AVJAVQ2. The booking was done on 13/10/2015 at 10:59:32. I have this knowledge by the confirmation message from the SBI.
2. However, I never received my online ticket from IndiGo. On 16th October I mailed IndiGo regarding the same. On getting no reply I asked a friend to call up at the IndiGo customer care. In the telephonic conversation IndiGo airlines accepted that the transaction had been made but due to some technical fault my ticket couldn’t be generated. They promised that I would be refunded with the complete amount within four to five working days.
3. I insisted on getting the ticket done for the same price as it was three days since the time I had originally booked the ticket and the prices had gone up in three days.
4. I was told that it couldn’t be done and that I would have to get a new ticket. Having no other option I relented.
5. On October 17th I received a mail from IndiGo asking me to produce the reference of the transaction made from my bank. This was after their customer service personnel had promised for a complete refund the previous day.
6. I replied to the mail exactly after six hours fifty minutes providing the asked information.
7. I did not hear from IndiGo for the next three days. On 21st October I received another mail from IndiGo accepting that the transaction was indeed made from my bank and that they have initiated the process to refund the complete amount. I was promised the same on 16th over the telephone.
8. It is 26th October now and I have neither heard from IndiGo nor received my money. I mailed them again on 24th enquiring the reason for the delay. On receiving no reply I called up the customer care and after hearing my grievance I was again promised that I shall receive my money within four to five working days.
9. My complaint is that after accepting that they hold my money without providing me the promised service on 16tOctober, why is it taking so long for IndiGo airlines to return it.
11. I am aggrieved by the sloppy service of IndiGo airlines in refunding the amount despite accepting their fault ten days back. This has caused mental stress and harassment as I had to change my travel plans and now I am forced to run from pillar to post to get my money back which is causing me further agony.
12.Thus, I request for quick redressal and damages for the harassment caused.
528, Platinum Heights, sector 18B, Dwarka, New Delhi 110078
220.127.116.11 / 26/10/2015 / 9:06 pm