This complaint is against a reputed consumer durable retail chain in Chennai named Girias. I had purchased a Philips 5.1 multimedia speaker (SPA 7000B) from Girias, Adyar showroom on 08-Apr-16. I asked them for on-the-spot delivery but they said that it will be only delivered to my home address and there is no on-the-spot delivery option as their warehouse is in Anna Nagar. Reluctantly, but with no other option, I had to place the order. I made the payment and was promised delivery of a new unit the next day. The product was finally delivered on 10-Apr-16 after several follow ups. It could clearly be noticed that the box that contained the product was already opened earlier. On opening the box, the product was found to be already used for some time.
I can point this out due to the following reasons:
1) Dust accumulated on the product
2) Wires not properly tied
3) Internal packing plastic was torn off
4) The product was not packed as per the sections made in the box . The various sub-speakers were not placed properly
5) The remote and other wires were out of the packet made for them
It could be noticed that the particular piece was used by the showroom for display and the same was packed and delivered to me.
This was immediately informed to the retailer and they promised that the product will be replaced within 2 days. It was informed by the agent that the representative will come and collect the old piece and it will be replaced with a new one. I have tried calling the customer care repeatedly but with no reply. At least 40-50 calls were made but nobody answered the call.
I had preferred buying from a physical outlet rather than online even when it was costing me more just because I wanted to ensure the genuinity of the product. The retailer has cheated me by giving me a second hand product at the cost of new one.
Now, I would request the authorities to solve my issue in following ways:
1) The retailer should replace the old product with the new one or return the money with penalty
2) The retailer must give the option of on-the-spot delivery when asked by the consumer
3) The customer care nos. should answer the calls of customers or a direct contact of the manager of showroom must be provided.
I hope the Consumer Forum department would help me in resolving this issue.
Velachery, Chennai 600042, Tamil Nadu
18.104.22.168 / 11/04/2016 / 5:26 pm