I searched and booked a 4* hotel in Dubai for 3 nights, using the MMT app and made full payment for “Al Jawhara Metro Hotel”. Further, after the room was confirmed, an additional Rs733/- was charged during the payment process
During check-in, i realize the hotel is not even 1* as per Dubai standards, though the management claims it is 2*. I asked for a refund but was refused. The room initially provided was a basic vv dirty & dusty room that did not have properly working a/c, broken shower doors, no toiletries, very very dirty, stained, dusty furniture. Further, after spending considerable time with the management, on nite 2, they provided me an “upgrade” to a larger room which is “Suite” as per 1* or 2* hotel standard they are.
I also raised the above Complaint # with MMT. I send a series of emails to MMT stating that the hotel listed as 4* in their booking is actually a 2* as per the hotel claim (not even 1* as per other hotel standards in Dubai).
In the end, MMT’s Mr Axxxxt Dxxxxxe reply states i have been provided a “Suit” room + i am satisfied according to the hotel management and therefore MMT closed my complaint #.
This is absolutely wrong for the following reasons :
1. MMT has falsely listed a 1*/2* hotel as a 4* hotel. This is misleading.
2. The room initially provided was pathetic as mentioned above
3. Even the “suite” room provided did not have any amenities. Even basic toiletries had to be requested.
4. MMT charged me more than the room cost if i had directly approached the hotel
5. An additional Rs733/- was charged after confirming the room & during the payment process.
I request a full refund due to :
1. Wrong listing of the hotel as 4*
2. MMT not accepting responsibility of their hotel star & facilities listing.
3. Absolute waste of my time spent with the hotel management for an refund, upgrade, basic toiletries etc
I also request the Consumer Forum to please take this issue as this really affects the confidence level of travellers.
Kazhakuttam, Trivandrum 695581, Kerala