How to withdraw funds from PF account for COVID-19 – India Consumer Forum

How to withdraw funds from PF account for COVID-19

The Employee’s Provident Fund is social security system introduced by our Govt to help people save enough for their retirement. The plan was introduced with the Employees’ Provident Funds Act in 1952 and is presently managed by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). One salient aspect of the scheme is with withdrawal facility that is available to the subscribers (i.e. employee members). The withdrawals are non-refundable provided they are spent for the purpose it is withdrawn. The withdrawal facility is available for various reasons like purchasing flat, buying land and construction of flat, illness, unemployment, education, marriage. Govt has now added one more to the list i.e. withdrawal for COVID-19 (“Outbreak of pandemic (COVID-19)”). We give below details of the same:

1.To be eligible to withdraw towards COVID-19 following is required:

a. UAN should be activated.
b. Verified Aadhaar should be linked with UAN
c. Bank Account with IFSC code should be seeded with UAN

2. Eligible amount:

Upto 75% of PF balance (Employee share and Employer Share) or 3 months PF wages or the claimed amount by the member whichever is the least.

3. Steps to file online advance claim for the purpose “Outbreak of pandemic (COVID-19)”

a) Login to Member Interface of Unified Portal ( You need to have an activated UAN to log into your account through this portal.

b) Go to menu Online Services>>Claim(Form-31,19,10C & 10D). You will find this on the top navigation bar.


4. Enter Bank Account Number (as seeded against UAN) and verify.


5. Click on “Proceed For Online Claim”.  Select PF Advance (Form 31) from the drop down.  Select purpose as “Outbreak of pandemic (COVID-19)” from the drop down. ? (see the blue bar)


6. Enter amount required and Upload scanned copy of cheque and enter your address.  Click on “Get Aadhaar OTP”.  You will receive OTP on your mobile number that is linked with Aadhaar.  Thereafter submit the claim. 

Note: You will have to upload the image of a cheque leaf which bears your name, account number (as registered in the UAN portal) and IFSC. If there is a discrepancy in any of these details then your withdrawal application will get rejected. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Hello Consumers!

Do you have a consumer complaint? Why wait? Submit your complaint using our Post Complaints box. You will hear from us soon.
Note: Do not post complaints in the comment section

error: Content is protected !!