Excess fare charged by Uber – India Consumer Forum
Beware of making UPI payments to strangers. Always transfer money to bank account after due diligence.

Excess fare charged by Uber

it’s regarding the incorrect charges incurred by Uber on July 7, 2018 at 12:58 PM. It was a ‘cash-to-be-paid’ trip. I had an outstanding amount of Rs.285.12 from the previous trip on July 5, 2018 at 9:09 PM. Hence I need to pay the total amount via cash as follows: Outstanding amount (Rs.285.12) + Amount for the current trip on July 7, 2018 at 12:58 PM (Rs.357.70), which should be around Rs.650 in total.
When the driver ended the trip, the charges incurred was Rs.1,172.82!! This was weird and I refused to pay the entire amount and paid Rs.650 via cash to the driver.
Later I receiver the receipt of the trip and the receipt amount is Rs.1,172.82 (screenshot attached); though I did not pay the entire amount but Rs.650.
I received an email previous week from Uber that I need to pay outstanding amount of Rs.1,337.94 as I did not pay the entire amount to the driver (screenshot attached)!! They never mentioned that I have paid Rs.650 to the driver.
I checked the email thoroughly and noticed that a charge of Rs.530 from UberEats on June 24, 2018 has been added to the trip receipt. The amount of Rs.530 was not charged on June 24, 2018. Hence I need to pay that amount.
Fine! I am going to pay Rs.530 as it was not charged. The outstanding amount should be only Rs.530. As I have paid Rs.650 to the driver and Uber acknowledged that. They are reluctant and for the last 7 days Uber is not responding to my emails. Neither they provided me with the break-up of the charge of Rs.1,337.94 nor they responded to my claim.
I need justice and the outstanding amount needs to be changed to Rs.530. I’m not going to pay excess amount for nothing.

Taniya Nandi
Kukatpally, Hyderabad 500085, Telangana
Email: txxxxxxxxx0@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Hello Consumers!

Do you have a consumer complaint? Why wait? Submit your complaint using our Post Complaints box. You will hear from us soon.

error: Content is protected !!